High Seas and Fallen Stars
Tower of Stars
- Created by the exiled Jorunhast Kingslayer, a one-time Royal Wizard under King Rhigaerd II.
- During the rule of Palaghard I was turned into a combination wizard tower, lighthouse, and prison for captured pirates awaiting trial.
- It is given its name because its walls are adorned with star mosaics.
- The Dungeons
– A massive magical construction which extends deep within the rocky spire of Traitor’s Isle.
– At the height of the reign of Pirate King Immurk “the Invincible”, in the 12th century DR, the massive dungeon complex was nearly full year-round with over 400 pirates.
– These days only the upper level of the prison complex (just above sea level) contains an average of 6-12 pirates with the remaining levels unoccupied and partially flooded by seawater.
- The Tower
– The rooms of the tower are magically locked and inaccessible to anyone except a Cormyrian War Wizard.
– No Cormyrian War Wizard has been stationed in the Tower of Stars on Traitor’s Isle for decades and thus these series of rooms have been unoccupied for quite some time.
- The Lighthouse
– The highest two levels of this massive tower are occupied by the 2-4 Cormyrian seamen stationed here.
– The lighthouse is located on the tower’s highest level, while the second highest level contains several balconies and living quarters for up to 10 seamen and an officer.
– The crew is responsible for maintaining the security of the dungeon as well as the operation of the lighthouse.