High Seas and Fallen Stars
Thevren the Impatient
- After murdering Methlas, Thevren took control of Methlas’ fleet and launched simultaneous raids on the Sembian cities of Selgaunt and Saerloon.
- Caught by surprise by the raids, Thevren’s fleet left the harbors laden with booty after just three days.
- The pirates burned, sunk, or seized every war vessel in the two Sembian harbors.
- The Sembians, wanting immediate retribution, but without the fleets to exact it, appealed to Cormyr for assistance.
- However, the Sembian Ambassador offended the King of Cormyr by implying that somehow Cormyr had knowledge of the attacks and could have even played a role in them.
- Deeply offended, the King of Cormyr refused to assist the Sembians any further, allowing Thevren to savor his victory.
- Soon after in 1295 DR, Thevren’s mistress, Thilana, whom had previous been a mistress to Methlas, poisoned Thevren’s wine, killing him.