High Seas and Fallen Stars
- The Rosecork Tree stands up to 60 ft tall with dark brown bark and flowers colorful roses in the late summer.
- When stripped of it’s bark for cork, the underlying core is a dark red which dries to pink.
- The wood of the Rosecork is extremely durable, as well as flame resistant.
- The fire resistant property of the Rosecork is due to the great amount of water which is absorbed by the tree and stored in it’s bark/core.
- Igniting a Rosecork takes long exposures to very hot flames in order to dry the bark out.
- Due to the abundance of Rosecork on Prespur as well as it’s favorable properties, it is the primary type of construction lumber used in the buildings on Prespur and is increasingly desirable in Cormyr and Sembia.
- Sarliman Eurdoe, an entrepreneur of Wheloon in Cormyr has begun importing Rosecork into Cormyr where the trees flourish along the southern tributaries of the Wyvernflow.