High Seas and Fallen Stars
- In 1201 DR, following the death of Hurricane King Immurk at the helm of Sea Scorpion, his first mate and son Dreymurk took possession of the Storm Crown, and attempted to coronate himself Immurk’s successor and the next Hurricane King.
- However, Captain Black Anzil, a fierce Turmish pirate, sailed against Immurk’s first mate, captured the crew, dipped them in pitch and burned them alive.
- The pirate fleet of Dragonisle (numbering over 100 ships) quickly fell into disarray.
- Half a dozen pirates then declared themselves Immurk’s successor, each with his own following of ships and captains, and the attentions of the pirates turned from raiding to internal warfare.
- Lord Chazdan, a Procampan noble turned pirate, killed Black Anzil and forced the rest of Anzil’s crew to drink quarts of alcohol until they died.
- Respitil, a pirate-mage, appeared suddenly on Lord Chazdan’s ship, bound Chazdan to the mainmast of his own ship and summoned a swarm of insects which devoured Lord Chazdan and his crew alive.
- The Storm Crown passed from the hands of one pirate captain to the next over the next three years, however, by 1204 DR the fiercest captain of the Inner Sea laid his claim to it. Urdogen.