High Seas and Fallen Stars
Methlas the Merchant
- For nearly 100 years after Urdogen’s Last Stand Dragonisle remained empty, the Seathrone unoccupied.
- Occasional renegade freecaptains were quickly hunted down by the increasingly efficient navies of the Inner Sea, and the few attempts at reviving Immurk’s stranglehold were met with similar swift overwhelming force.
- In 1286, Methlas, a merchant marine from Marsember, gathered a small merchant fleet of crewed by former Cormyrian Freesailors.
- Over time, Methlas’ ships accumulated state-of-the-art naval equipment by various methods including double manifests, deck cargo losses, and false deliveries.
- Many of the cargoes in these vessels were reportedly “stolen at sea”, and Methlas was careful to ensure that Cormyr and Sembia never found out what actually happened.
- By 1294 DR Methlas had amassed nearly 40 sleek ships in the southern harbor of the Dragonisle.
- However, later that same year, Methlas was murdered by his lieutenant, Thevren.