High Seas and Fallen Stars
Laershala of the Emerald Eyes
- Laershala, a freecaptain of Dragonisle gathered support of those pirates whom wanted a Lord with knowledge of seamanship and battle in addition to leadership and cunning.
- In Tantras in 1305 DR, Laershala strangled Thilana to death and claimed leadership of the Seathrone and the Freecaptains of Dragonisle.
- Laershala’s control of the pirates was not the same as that of her predecessors.
- Freecaptains who agreed with Thilana were angry that Laershala had killed her, and refused to follow.
- Many of the freecaptains set out on their own and soon after, had divided into a dozen factions, each vying for control of the Seathrone.
- Laershala died in battle with a Cormyrean Freesail in 1314.