High Seas and Fallen Stars
- The Gateway to Sembia
- A Smuggler’s Haven and home to the Kelthanni (a native population of halfing worshipers of Grumbar)
- The largest (but also most exposed island) within the archipelago known as the Pirate Islands.
- Not popular among the pirates, as its harbors are too easily raided by the reprisal fleets of the nations of the northern Inner Sea.
- Kelthan has become a common smuggler’s trading point, where ships of one registry can exchange cargo with those of another without the watchful eye of one or another harbormaster.
- Aside from Port Kelthan, there are up to 10 small natural harbors around the island; however, each can only hold only 1-2 ships safely.
- Due to the possibility of raids from it’s proximity to numerous nations and city-states, there are no permanent settlements of smugglers or pirates on Kelthan.