High Seas and Fallen Stars
- A large cluster of irregularly spaced natural reefs which covers a roughly circular area 10 miles in radius.
- Located northwest of the Pirate Isles, serves as a natural breakrock for the islands.
- Lies directly between the primary route from Sembia to the Pirate Isles.
- At low tide approximately half the reefs are visible just above the waterline with the other half just below the waterline.
- At high tide, the reefs are between 5 to 30 feet below the surface and appear as dark areas beneath the water.
- Helped establish Immurk’s reputation as “Immurk the Invincible”
- In 1180 DR, Sembia sent an enormous fleet of 20 warships against the Pirate Isles to capture or kill the Pirate King Immurk himself.
- Immurk and his small fleet met the Sembian fleet in the waters northwest of the Fang Rocks, then he lured the Sembians to the south and east.
- Immurk and his captains whom were familiar with the Fang Rocks were able to navigate the dangerous shallows.
- The Sembian fleet swept forward to catch Immurk and of the 20 Sembian warships which entered the Fang Rocks, only 3 survived to flee back to Sembia.
- To this day, Sembian sailors speak of the Pirate Isles as cursed and are reluctant to sail against it.